GoFreddies.com Founder and Photojournalist
Jason has been involved with photography since the age of five, receiving his first camera and beginning to capture award winning photos. Throughout his childhood and young adult years he continued his photography success and upgrading his camera equipment.
Although an experienced photographer before, September 11, 2001 changed his style of photography to a more journalistic look. Several upgrades through professional SLR cameras led him into the digital era in 2002. Jason now shoots exclusively Canon Professional products and has a significant resume.
- The Ohio State University – Center for Family Research event photographer.
- The Ohio State University – Photojournalist with full-media access 2007-2012 seasons.
- Brown Publishing Company – Photojournalist – Featured OSU Buckeye Football photos on the 2008-2011 season preview tabs throughout Ohio. Cover page artwork for the 2009-2010 seasons.
- Ohio Community Media – Photojournalist – Featured OSU Buckeye photos for the entire Central Ohio pre-season football tab 2011-2012. Featured articles and photo work throughout the 2011 and 2012 seasons. Fully credentialed journalist with access during the 2012 season.
- Buckeye Empire (Blog) – Feature photographer and contributing writer.
- Freelance photographer – Arnold Swarzenegger Sports Festival 2004, 2005.
- Model photographer with published works in Columbus “C” Magazine.
- Submitting photographer for Bowling Green State University State Fire School 2001, 2002.
- Augustus Fire Tool – Piercing Nozzle Demo photography (2002).
- Public Information Coordinator for the Fredericktown Community Fire District.
- Photographing senior athletes and composites
- Off camera flash photography
- Product photography
- Lightroom 3.0 and 4.0
- Photoshop CS 5.0
- Final Cut Professional
- WordPress workflow and site creation.
- Copyright and trademark
- AP Style
- Writing for Print Journalism
Brown Publishing Company published Photojournalist and co-photographer at GoFreddies.com. Without his assistance, traveling, and photography this website would not have been able to put together such great coverage over the last several years.
Discover Ohio Magazine
Over the Back Fence Magazine
Training and workshops
Rocky Mountain School of Photography
- Zone system and filters for color photography
- Macro photography
- Creative techniques in color photography
- Digital capture
Cord Camera – Portrait lighting
John Van Os Photography
John Shaw Nature Photography and Digital Workflow Seminar
Ron Planck Nature Photography
Jonas was born January 17, 2010 and ever since he has been able to sit up or be propped up he has been interested in watching his two favorite teams, the Fredericktown Freddies and The Ohio State Buckeyes.
Since he was able to peer over the laptop and hang out with dad while editing photos, he has been intrigued and excited about Fredericktown Athletics. Jonas periodically attends games and lends a hand. At almost three he is quick with the ball and while still young has quite the arm for the pass. Lookout! He knows football coaches names, knows Ohio State’s coach, mascot, quarterback, and a running back. If that isn’t enough, ask him what he thinks about M*chigan.
His interests include pulling cables from daddy’s laptop, trying to unplug the card reader while photos are importing, going ooh and ahh while photos and videos go by, and critiquing what he sees. Before every game he has a request of what photos he wants me to bring home.